Monday, September 21, 2009

About me and my plan

I am writing this for anyone and everyone who is considering getting full dentures under 30 years old......

My name is Dusty, I am a daughter, sister, mother, and girlfriend, and I am getting dentures!!!!
And I tell ya, I am really really scared to death.

Regardless of how I got to this stage in my life, or how you have gotten there, fact is WE ARE THERE!

So how do I prepare myself for such a life changing event???? What is it REALLY going to be like once all of my teeth are taken out???? I have been scouring the internet and other places trying to find other people like myself...I know I'm not the only one who is going through having to get dentures under 30 years old....




I was supposed to go for my dental impressions today, but had to have a tooth taken out instead, what a mess that was.....uggg...... so I have to go back in 2 days to get the impressions done then. To be honest I'm not really looking forward to it.....Its almost like the impressions are going to make this whole situation so very very real for me.......


So I am sure you are wondering why I chose to have full dentures and not try to save my remaining teeth ( I only have 11, and they are all in the front).....SO here is the answer......

When I was born i was allergic to milk and had some vitamin deficiencies, my mom, being under the advice of her doctor was instructed to give me as much apple juice as she could, well my mom being worried was brushing my teeth with it!!!!!!!!!!!! Long story short, she basically rubbed the enamel right off my teeth, my first memory is of doctors standing over me forcing me to drink some purple gunk and me screaming, that was the day I got all of my teeth "capped". I was 3 years old.

So yes you've guessed right, when my second set of teeth grew in, they never even had a chance. They have been slowly decaying my whole life, when i got pregnant at 22 it made my teeth situation even worse, over the course of those 9 months i lost about 5 teeth from breaking and literally rotting right out of my head........

When i was 24, I went as far as sleeping with a Dentist, just to make it through another day.....He ended up really helping me and put a few more years of life into my upper front teeth.... And ya know? I wouldn't change a thing..... (haha well maybe being born with nice teeth)

And now I am 29......I have 11 teeth left, I am sick all the time, in so much pain its ridiculous, parts of my teeth come out every time i eat something, even if its bread!!!!!!

I don't have the money to fix what I have left and know that this is the only route for me to take..... ya cant just go around sleeping with dentists! lol......


So this is my journey to full dentures, I really hope you join me...... It may be a bit graphic at times, but I am going to keep it as real as I can for my readers......If I can help even one person with this blog I will have met my goal......

11 comments:

  1. Hi Dusty!

    I can relate with your story. I hate drinking milk, and had some trouble in brushing my teeth when I was in gradeschool. When I was 23, I'd experience intense headache caused by toothache. With that, I visited my dentist in Murfreesboro (TN), and I've found out that I had tooth decay. I was advised to undergo denture surgery. Honestly, I had a great fear on dental surgeries before. Thankfully, I was able to conquer my phobia with the help of my dentist(Murfreesboro-based).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your blog Dusty. Do you have your new dentures yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire the valuable information you offer to us about denture and hyderabad dentist will provide the best dental solution.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog! Thanks for sharing! I've heard a lot of great things about dentures. There are some quality dentists that specialize in dentures in Edmonton.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog Dusty!! Im going down that path right now.. im nervous but i cant keep putting this off. i need need upper and lower partials so im convinced im ready... thanks 4 sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't hear from you in a while. Just wondering if the new all on four edmonton dentures worked out?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonder if you are still around? I was searching the web for blogs from other denture wearers. I am 29 and up until March 5th, I was a denture wearer as well. I won a contest and got the All-on-4 implants done. If interested, you can check me out at www.youtube.com/kalinjax or check out my blog at www.iweardentures.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was supposed to go for my dental impressions today, but had to have a tooth taken out instead, what a mess that was.....uggg......Affordable Dentures so I have to go back in 2 days to get the impressions done then. To be honest I'm not really looking forward to it.....Its almost like the impressions are going to make this whole situation so very very real for me.......

    ReplyDelete
  9. How much do dentures in Edmonton? I am trying to help my dad. He will be needing them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Dear, have you been certainly visiting this site daily, if that's the case you then will certainly get good knowledge.el segundo

    ReplyDelete